This is a community for anything related to learning the Japanese language.
Allowed content: questions, tips, information, practice posts, discussions, and anything else that seems relevant to talk to other learners about (or eventual fluent speakers who want to teach).
Not allowed: stuff that isn't related to learning Japanese in any way (including posts about Japanese media/etc if the topic doesn't somehow relate to learning the language).
- Post relevant content in your posts (see above). Comments are more open to variation, but please keep very personal discussions to PMs between users, or your personal journals.
- Be nice, don't be elitist or judgmental, etc.
- No starting fights. Disagree politely and respect others.
- Don't spam the community. Try to post a maximum of once a day (per user). If you came up with something else to post, you can save it until tomorrow. There is no recommended limit to commenting, of course.
- Posts and comments in both English and Japanese are allowed, but if you're going to write in any other language, please include a translation or summary of your writing in either English or Japanese so that more users can have a chance at understanding what you're writing in the community. Even though posting exclusively in Japanese is allowed, it might help beginners if you include a translation or summary as well, although it's not required.
- Tag your posts! It helps keep things tidy and makes it easy for everyone to search through the community for specific posts.
- Contact the mod(s) if you want new tags added, or if you have other problems or questions.